Saturday 2 November 2013

Red Lace Shawl

Had a shocker of a night knitting on my red shawl - soon to be nic named the shawl from hell.  I was on the last pattern section 4 rows from finishing only to discover I had dropped a couple of stitches in a critical pattern area and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't pick up the stitches to get the pattern correct.

My only salvation was the life line that I put in before I started the last section.  So 12 rows (400 odd stitches) ripped out and all stitches successfully picked up at about 1.30am this morning.  So much for showing my finished item at knit group today.

My shawl, and what it should look like finished.  Starting the last pattern section again 16 rows to go and my first problem with this project, when the cable broke.



Hopefully no more issues will happen and looking forward to finishing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment